Saturday, February 13, 2016

[160214] [bnt interview] Do Kyung Soo, His Growing Pains as an Actor


“I’m satisfied if you are happy with my acting and singing.”

Behind his clear smile, prudence is hidden. EXO’s D.O made a brave step forward as an actor. Recently, bntnews met him at a cafe in Samcheong-dong, Seoul and had an interview about his movie Unforgettable.


Unlike his young age of 24, he became an innocent 17-year-old boy and took out people’s memories in summer days of 1991. He naturally melted in his character Bum Sil even the eyes and flashed back his old moments by reminiscing his first love. 

“There is no definition in love. All the things are in same words. My first love wasn’t a happy one, it was sad and gloomy. The emotions that I felt in the past really helped in making the film go forward.”

Unforgettable highlights five friends’ friendship as well as the first love. Do Kyung Soo made special memories with the actors and actresses from the film that are Yeon Joon Suk (San Dol), Joo Da Young (Gil Ja), Lee David (Gae Duk) and Kim So Hyun (Soo Ok). 

“Although we had a theme of the same age, I felt burdened since I’m the oldest among them at the first place. But, in the film, we were all 17 years old, we were like friends. They were so nice, so they took care of me well. All the actors from the movie became so close that we took shower together.”


In the film, Soo Ok (Kim So Hyun) is Bum Sil’s first love and sad memory at the same time. Amongst the scenes, they made their feelings highlight when they kissed an umbrella that was in between of them, and it was the scene that Bum Sil revealed his feelings for her well that he always protected her behind.

“Rather than kissing on lips, the umbrella kiss scene was well enough to fit in Unforgettable. I could feel the distance that wasn’t able to express and I thought the idea was brilliant.”

Do Kyung Soo made his potential as an actor through Unforgettable. From D.O of EXO on stages, he steadily built his filmography through drama It’s Okay, It’s Love, Remember You and movie Cart. He wiped off the prejudice of an idol group a long time ago. 


“I’m very greedy. As much as I went through struggles, I earned a lot and became strong that made me happy. I feel different when I’m a singer and an actor. I communicate with the fans on the stage right away, but I feel emotions with the audiences on screens. Both of them are enjoyable, but the thing is I want to grow up with my age. Such a nature will be good. I don’t want to look young or old; I just want to show what I can show in my age.”

“I didn’t choose unique characters, but I felt ‘I want to be this character’ much. I felt like I had similarities with my previous characters and I could show totally different sides. I want to challenge in noir genre since I never experienced.”


Do Kyung Soo is growing up every moment with various roles. I chose actor Lee Byung Hun as his partner and couldn’t hide his fluttering hearts. 

“Lee Byung Hun is so awesome. ‘Awesome’ contains so many meanings. I can’t express it into words, but I just think he is awesome. To be like him is also my goal. It feels like awesomeness requires years of experiences, but I don’t want to age fast.” 



[Translated by Woorim Ahn] 
Photo credit: bntnews DB
Contact: news@bntnews.co.uk
Source: Mwave | bntnews Lee Lin






No comments:

Post a Comment